DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut out stem and cut pumpkin in half.
3. Scrape out and discard the seeds and fibrous strands.
4. Cut off peel and cut pumpkin into cubes; place 2 cups in a large bowl.
5. Add Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt to taste; toss to coat well.
6. Spread vegetables out onto a large baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through cooking time; remove from oven and let cool.
7. Once cool, place in a large bowl.
8. In a large skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion and cook for 4 minutes.
9. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes; drizzle vinegar over top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Remove from heat and stir in kale.
11. Add to bowl with pumpkin and sprouts.
12. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add vegetable broth; bring to a boil.
13. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until tender and all liquid is absorbed; fluff with a fork.
14. Add to bowl with vegetables and toss to coat. Serve garnished with pepitas.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 185 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 4g