Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in oil, shallot, garlic, chives, parsley and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
2. Snap tough ends off asparagus.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
4. Add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
5. Drain and plunge asparagus into a large bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. Drain asparagus thoroughly and transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Add both tomatoes, basil leaves and vinegar mixture and toss to coat well; gently fold in avocado.
7. Place mixture on a large serving platter, top with cheese and salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 278 (Calories from Fat: 207)
Total Fat: 23g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 8g