Ashley’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large pot, over medium heat, melt ¼ cup butter. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until starting to turn translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and thyme, cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook until lightly browned.
5. Add stock and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer 6 to 7 minutes.
6. Add broccoli and carrots and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add heavy cream and sour cream, stir and simmer 5 to 6 minutes.
8. While soup is simmering, preheat oven broiler. Spread sliced baguette or bread with butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and toast under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
8. Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Season with adobo, onion, garlic and paprika to taste.
9. Serve immediately topped with garlic butter toast and additional cheese as desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!