Apple Whiskey Baby Back Ribs
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 1 Hour 10 Minutes, Grill 8 Minutes
June/July 2019 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Wash ribs and blot dry. Remove the thin white membrane on the back of each rack of rib and discard.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, kosher salt, dry mustard, thyme, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Rub both sides of each rack of ribs with spice mixture, massaging into crevices. Wrap each rack in a double layer of foil, crimping edges to seal tightly. Place each foil packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender at the thickest part but not falling off the bone; let cool.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together ¼ cup brown sugar, butter, barbecue sauce, whiskey, vinegar, juice, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through; set aside to cool to room temperature.
5. Generously coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat on medium-high. Remove ribs from foil and grill for 4 minutes per side, generously basting with reserved sauce and turning occasionally. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice between ribs and serve with remaining reserved sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (3-rib serving):
Calories: 820 (Calories from Fat: 531)
Total Fat: 59g (Saturated Fat: 22g)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g (Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 5g)