Prep Time: 25 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, almond meal, flaxseed, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup egg substitute, 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. Start by adding 1 tablespoon water and knead dough by hand until it is elastic and pliable, add additional water if necessary, transfer bowl with dough to the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, combine both apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice and remaining honey, toss to coat apples well.
4. Cut out two sheets of parchment paper the size of a large baking sheet.
5. Remove dough from refrigerator, place between the sheets of parchment and roll out into a thin 12x16-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of parchment only; brush dough with remaining coconut oil. Working with the long side of the rectangle facing you, spread apple mixture over half of the long end. Lift the other end of the dough up and over the apples, tucking the three ends under and pressing lightly to seal. With a sharp knife, cut 6, 1-inch slits along the top of the dough and place dough, with bottom sheet of parchment, onto a baking sheet, brush top of dough with remaining egg substitute and sprinkle with toasted almonds and pine nuts.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough is beginning to brown and is set, let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
7. Remove turnover from baking sheet and parchment paper and allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 235 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
(Dietary Fiber: 6g