Apple Sage Walnut Stuffing
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil and butter.
2. Once melted, add celery, onion and bell pepper and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes or until softened.
3. Add broth, sage and salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, sausage, apple and walnuts, spoon into a greased large casserole dish.
5. Pour broth mixture over top and gently mix.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 225 (Calories from Fat: 144)
Total Fat: 16g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (Dietary Fiber: 2g