Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
Looking for a perfect pairing? Click here for our Bourbon Ice Cream recipe.
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and seltzer. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Wash hands after handling raw eggs and flour.
5. In a deep fryer or heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Slice apples into 1/2-inch rings. Dip apple slices into batter and fry in heated oil, a few at a time, turning once, for 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 1g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 2g