Want to give a gift that takes thought and time but also has your own personal touch? Check out this easy homemade gift idea from McCormick.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Place spices in the center of a piece of cheesecloth. Tie tightly with a long piece of string or tie muslin bag tightly.
3. Place spice sachet in small saucepan. Add apple cider.
4. Simmer over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in vanilla.
5. Discard spice sachet. Serve warm.
Tip: Make a party-size sachet by increasing cinnamon sticks to 4, whole cloves to 2 teaspoons, whole allspice to 1 teaspoon, vanilla to 2 teaspoons and apple cider to 2 quarts (8 cups).
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!