DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a large pan with foil.
3. Add bacon strips in a single layer and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. Roughly chop and set aside.
4. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
5. Return cooked spaghetti to pot and leave on stove.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat add oil. Once hot, add shallot and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened; remove from skillet and add to cooked spaghetti.
7. Return skillet to stove and place over low heat; melt butter.
8. Add cream and reserved cooking liquid and increase heat to medium; bring to a gentle boil.
9. Let boil for 5 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly and is thickened; stir in grated cheese until melted.
10. Add spaghetti mixture and toss to coat.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Serve garnish with bacon, shaved cheese and parsley sprigs if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 665 (Calories from Fat: 522)
Total Fat: 58g (Saturated Fat: 33g)
Total Carbohydrates: 21g (Dietary Fiber: 1g