Recipe from Jacqui Campbell, MS, RD, CDN, LDN.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water and pat dry prior to prepping.
3. Soak wooden skewers in water while preparing ingredients.
4. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili powder and honey.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat it all. Let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
6. Preheat air fryer with basket to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Assemble kabobs by placing the chicken and veggies on skewers rotating and layering chicken, then a few pieces of veggies, then repeat until you have filled up each skewer leaving about ½ inch on each end so you can easily handle them. Wash hands again after handling raw chicken.
7. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray, place kabobs in basket and spray kabobs before cooking.
8. Cook for 7-9 minutes, turning the skewers over halfway through the cooking time, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
9. Serve the skewers over rice or enjoy with other sides, such as potatoes, green salad or pasta salad.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!