Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter #62 (dated 11/19/15-1/13/15).
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. If using fresh blueberries, rinse under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line standard muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups.
4. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, including the blueberries.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together vanilla, oil and yogurt.
6. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just to combine.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them nearly full.
8. Sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar if desired.
9. Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
10. Remove the muffins from the oven and after 5 minutes carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
11. To store muffins, keep loosely wrapped at room temperature.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 6.5 g
Saturated Fat < 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 164 mg
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 4 g
Recipe and photo from King Arthur Flour. For more whole grain recipes visit their website!