Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and image from GoodWheat. Visit their website for more delicious recipes.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sweat garlic until aromatic, about one minute.
5. Stir in flour and cook an additional minute. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
6. Whisk in vegetable stock until smooth. Whisk in milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened.
7. Stir in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, kosher salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
8. Combine pasta with garlic alfredo sauce. Toss to combine.
9. Plate. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese, parsley, and freshly cracked black pepper.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Protein: 16 grams
Fiber: 9 grams