1. Hull and cut 1½ pounds strawberries into chunks; place in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until strawberries are very soft. Remove ½ cup and set aside. Mash remaining strawberries with a potato masher or spoon; return to medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; mix until cornstarch is dissolved. Whisk into strawberry mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in reserved strawberries and let cool to room temperature.
3. Hull and slice remaining strawberries; set aside.
4. Place metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. In the cold mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, whip cream, powdered sugar and extracts until stiff peaks form.
6. Place cookies in a large resealable plastic bag and tap with the back of a spoon to break into small chunks.
7. Layer eight 5-oz. decorative dessert jars or glasses in this order: shortbread cookies, whipped topping, strawberry filling and whipped topping, gently tapping down container as you fill to remove air pockets. Top with sliced strawberries, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 326 (Calories from Fat: 171); Total Fat: 19g (Saturated Fat: 10g); Protein: 2g; Total Carbohydrates: 39g (Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 27g); Cholesterol: 51mg; Sodium: 75mg