Spicy 3-Meat Chili
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
4 slices low-sodium bacon, finely chopped
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound spicy rolled sausage
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Full Circle Market Organic chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Full Circle Market Organic paprika
1/2 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Full Circle Market Organic ground cumin
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 (14.5 ounce) can Food Club diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 ounce) can Food Club tomato sauce
1 cup low-sodium beef broth or dark beer
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
-hot sauce to taste
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Food Club kidney beans, drained
½ cup Food Club canned corn, drained
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon for 4 minutes or until it begins to brown. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving the bacon drippings.
4. Return pot to the stove and add ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat. Cook mixture for 8 minutes or until meat is cooked to a temperature of 160°F as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
5. Stir in bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and liquid smoke and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, beans, corn and bacon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially and cook for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 762 mg
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugars. 7 g
Protein 19 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/