Caramel & Chocolate Caramel Apples
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
-Food Club non-stick cooking spray
6 wooden candy sticks
6 medium apples (your favorite kind), rinsed and dried
1 1/2 packages caramels, unwrapped
5 tablespoons water
8 ounces Food Club semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts or other crushed up topping, optional
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
4. Insert a wooden candy stick into stem end of each apple; set aside.
5. In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels with water and stir vigorously until smooth. Immediately dip apples in caramel mixture; drain excess caramel and place on prepared cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
6. Melt chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds; remove and stir. Continue to melt chips in the microwave at 50% power in 15-second intervals until completely melted.
7. Dip half the caramel apples in the melted chocolate; allow excess to drain.
8. Roll bottom 1/4 portion of apples into nuts or other desired topping. Place on waxed paper that has been coated with cooking spray and let set.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/