Sloppy Joe Shepherd's Pie
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 packet sloppy Joe mix
3/4 cup water
1 (8-oz.) can Food Club tomato sauce
1 (6-oz.) can Food Club tomato paste
3/4 cup carrots, chopped
3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
1/2 cup Food Club sour cream
1/2 cup Food Club shredded cheddar cheese
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160°F as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
4. Return pan with beef to stove and add sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until heated through; stir in carrots.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F.
6. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream and cheese.
7. Spoon beef mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with mashed potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is golden.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 1540 mg
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 22 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/