Beef Ribs with Texas Mop Sauce
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
4 lb. beef short ribs
1 tsp. seasoning salt
14.5-oz. can vegetable broth
1 cup Food Club apple juice
2 whole garlic cloves
1 Tbsp. Big Y pure olive oil
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 1/2 cups Food Club ketchup
1/4 cup strong-brewed black coffee
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. hot sauce
3 Tbsp. Big Y cider vinegar
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 tsp. ground mustard
-sea salt and Full Circle Market ground black pepper, to taste
-Food Club nonstick cooking spray
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Place ribs in a large heavy pot. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef.
3. Add seasoning salt, vegetable broth, apple juice and garlic cloves. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is almost tender, skimming surface of water as needed. Using tongs, remove ribs from pot and let cool slightly. Remove garlic from pot and mince.
4 In a small saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and minced garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion and garlic are tender. Add ketchup, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, chipotle pepper, mustard, salt and pepper; let simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened; reserve ½ cup for later use.
5. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
6. Place ribs on grill, meat-side-down, generously brush with barbecue sauce and grill for 6 minutes. Flip, brush with more barbecue sauce and grill for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from grill, tent with foil and let sit for 3 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 81 g
Saturated Fat 35.0 g
Cholesterol 324.00 mg
Sodium 881.00 mg
Carbohydrates 16.00 g
Fiber 1.00 g
Sugars 12,00 g
Protein 76 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/