Grilled Vegetable Salad
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
4 carrots, peeled
2 ears corn, shucked and quartered
2 small eggplants, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thickly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thickly sliced
1 onion, peeled and quartered
½ cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. Big Y pure olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Full Circle Market Organic dried oregano
¼ tsp. Full Circle Market Organic cayenne pepper
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
-Food Club no-stick cooking spray
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large bowl, combine vegetables.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
5. Set grill grate 2-3 inches from heat source and coat with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
6. Grill vegetables following these guidelines: carrots, 15 minutes; corn, 12 minutes; eggplant, bell peppers and onion, 10 minutes. Reserve marinade. Flip vegetables halfway through cook time, removing them as are tender and lightly charred.
7. Remove peel from eggplant if desired, return vegetables to marinade and toss to coat. Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/