Learn More About Our Local Farmers
Enjoy Some of The Freshest Fruits & Vegetables Available!
These Fresh Products are Delivered Daily to Your Neighborhood Big Y to Ensure the Finest Quality and Greatest Taste!
Let us introduce you to the local farmers who deliver the freshest produce… every day!
CECARELLI'S HARRISON HILL FARM, Northford, CT
- Owner Will Dellacamera has been farming for over 30 years.
- Over 125 acres of premium crops such as: Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Green/Yellow Squash, Cabbage and Fall Squashes
- Will calls Big Y his favorite customer! "The group at Big Y is fair to the farmers, always willing to help us out and most importantly care about what we are trying to accomplish in our communities."
KINDERHOOK CREEK FARM, Stephentown, NY
- Owner and operator, Larry Eckhardt, has been farming for over 60 years.
- Larry operates nearly 1,200 acres of farmland with the farm being mostly known for it's superb fresh Sweet Corn. They grow approximately 200 acres of super Sweet Corn.
- Larry says "We have always enjoyed working with the store produce managers and the D'Amour family to provide farm fresh products to all our customers. Helping Big Y brings great joy to all of us at the Eckhardt Farm."
FAIR WEATHER ACRES, Rocky Hill, CT
- Over 100 years of farming, now 4th generation owner, Billy Collins has created a business geared toward wholesaling fresh produce and creating exciting customer experiences including fall festivals and corn mazes.
- Over 400 acres of farmland supplying Big Y with premium Green Beans from July-October.
- Fair Weather uses an IPM, Integrated Pest Management program which is a state of the art system that enables them to grow a healthy crop and minimize the use of pesticides.
- Ed Paquette, owner, has been in farming for 23 years.
- The farm holds over 100 acres of various crops such as: Corn, Tomatoes, Zucchini & Summer Squash and all the fall squashes.
- In addition to delivering product to our warehouse, Ed delivers directly to a number of our Eastern Mass. stores providing our customers the freshest produce possible.
- Ed calls Big Y his favorite customer because we are a family, USA grown company. He appreciates Big Y being there to always take his call and give him fair market pricing.
CALABRESE FARMS, Southwick, MA
- Over 70 years of farming, 3rd generation, ran and operated by both Tom Calabrese and Mike Calabrese.
- Over 250 acres of vegetables with crops including: Corn, Tomatoes, Green & Yellow Squash.
- Calabrese picks product in the morning and delivers to nearby stores and our distribution center daily!
E. CECCHI FARMS, Feeding Hills, MA
- With nearly 100 years of passionate farming, owner Michael Cecchi, takes great pride in his work and produce he is providing for his customers.
- Over 80 acres of vegetables including: Green & Yellow Squash, Green Beans, Cucumbers, Pickling Cucumber and Fall Squashes.
- Michael takes great pride in customers coming by his stand and saying they see his product in their local Big Y stores. He calls the partnership "very special and important to the sustainability of his business."
HAPPY VALLEY ORGANICS, Whately, MA
- Owner Doug Caldwell has been doing business with Big Y for over 25 years.
- With over 150 acres of Organic Produce, Doug provides our stores Organic Basil, Peppers, Kale, Collards and Leaf Lettuces.
- The farm is invested in renewable energy which offers clean energy for better operating procedures.
MEADOWBROOK FARM, East Longmeadow, MA
- Founded in 1990, owner John Burney has over 30 years of in the farming industry and is committed to providing his customers with the freshest produce possible.
- Over 275 acres of crops including: Sweet Corn, Zucchini/Summer Squash, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Eggplant, Tomatoes, Pumpkins and Fall Squashes.
- Meadowbrook is known for growing the sweetest and freshest Corn in the pioneer valley, delivered fresh to Big Y's daily.
- John calls Big Y his favorite customer because of our commitment to our local farmers and community.
UMASS STUDENT FARM, Amherst, MA
- Big Y has partnered with the UMass Student Farm to bring our customers student-grown, local, organic produce.
- The farm is run by University of Massachusetts students from the Stockbridge School of Agriculture who are seeking careers in food production, food sourcing and food security advocacy work.
- The farm program gives students the experience of running their own farm since they plant, harvest, clean, package and sell the vegetables they grow locally to the campus community through various on-campus market and to Big Y.
Click Here to View Our Local Farmers Playlist on YouTube.