10 Ways to Put Dinner on the Table Fast with Rotisserie Chicken
Whether you purchase a SuperBird Rotisserie Chicken to feed a larger family or our new Full Circle Market Rotisserie Chicken for a smaller meal, rotisserie chicken is an easy supermarket shortcut to help you get nourishing meals on the table fast.
Not only is it a meal in its own right when paired with a few side dishes, it can also become the inspiration you need for preparing a unique lunch or dinner. It can also be more sensible than ordering pickup when you don’t feel like preparing an elaborate meal.
Since it’s easiest to remove meat while the chicken is still warm, do this step as soon as you get home with your rotisserie chicken, even if you don’t plan to use it until later in the day or even into the following day or two. Place bite-sized pieces in a sealable container and refrigerate until needed.
So what’s for lunch or dinner? Here are a few favorites, which can be portioned to serve one or more. And don’t be afraid to make substitutions based on what you have on hand!
- Traditional Chicken Dinner: Serve baked or mashed potato and a green vegetable.
- Burrito Bowl: Season shredded chicken with spices like cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder. In a skillet warm olive oil and cook diced bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Serve over rice with shredded cheese, salsa and guacamole.
- Chicken Caesar Wrap: Combine chopped chicken with romaine lettuce, fresh parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing. Wrap in a whole wheat or high fiber tortilla.
- Easy Asian Stir Fry: Microwave a bag of frozen Oriental stir fry vegetables while heating olive oil in a large pan. Add minced garlic and ginger to oil and cook until fragrant, then add shredded chicken, vegetables and soy or teriyaki sauce to the pan. Serve over brown rice.
- Chicken Broccoli & Penne: In a large skillet warm olive oil and a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic over medium-high heat. If desired, add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add in pulled chicken, cooked pasta and steamed broccoli, stirring to coat well. Top with Parmesan to serve.
- Pulled Barbeque Chicken Sandwich: Mix pulled chicken with just enough barbeque sauce to coat. Microwave until chicken is heated through and then place on a whole grain bun or bulkie roll. Top with cheddar and place in oven on broil until cheese is melted.
- Pecan & Strawberry Salad: Chop romaine or other leaf lettuce and top with sliced strawberries, pecans, chicken and a drizzle of balsamic. This salad is also delicious with substitutions like raspberries in place of strawberries and walnuts or almonds in place of pecans. Add feta or Gorgonzola cheese, if desired.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup: Sauté sliced carrots, minced garlic and diced onions and celery in olive oil until vegetables begin to soften. Add chicken stock, chicken and rice – then cover and simmer until rice becomes tender, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. To save time, utilize cooked rice and simmer just until heated through.
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl: Place a layer of quinoa or other whole grain in the bottom of your bowl. Add diced chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives and chickpeas. Top with feta and drizzle with Greek dressing.
- Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles & Chicken: Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté garlic, bell pepper and carrots. In a bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, ¼ cup creamy peanut butter and 1 teaspoon chili sauce or sriracha. Once veggies are cooked, add shredded chicken, cooked linguini or rice noodles and peanut sauce to the pan. Top with chopped peanuts and green onions.