Scholarship Program FAQ
Phone: (413) 504-4080
Apply: www.bigy.com (Scholarship page)
Scholarship Season Time line
- The online application is available from November 1st – February 1st.
- Recipient and non-recipient notifications are emailed in early April. (Note: You may need to check your SPAM folder)
- Recipient(s) names are posted on our website in early May.
Who Is Eligible
Big Y Scholarships are open to employees and their dependents, and customers and their dependents. To be eligible, a student’s permanent residence or school must be located in Massachusetts or Connecticut. (All employees are eligible regardless of residence).
How to Apply
- To apply, Please visit our scholarship page on our official website at www.bigy.com and click the application link and to review the most up to date information.
- We only accept Big Y scholarship online application submissions. We no longer accept paper applications.
Please Note: You may find prior year paper applications on the internet and on 3rd party sites. These are not valid and will not be accepted
- Incomplete online application or submission made passed the February 1st deadline will not be considered and there are no extensions.
- Academic Transcripts do not need to be official (photocopy and print-outs will be accepted).
- Two Letters of Recommendations are required. Only one must be from a teacher or a college professor. High school Seniors and College Freshman can submit copies of letters written for college entrance.
- Recommendations letters can be uploaded by a 3rd party (Example: school personnel). Please follow the instructions on the online application system. To request recommendations letters from your teacher, college/university professor, etc.
- If you did not take any College Board exams such as SAT or ACT, or it’s has been more than 3 years since you took them, you can submit online application without them.
- Personal resume/fact sheet detailing activities, achievements, awards, community involvement, leadership positions and class rank (if applicable)
- Prior Big Y scholarship award recipients are not eligible to reapply.
High School, College, University Representatives:
- Annually, Scholarship packets (poster and letter) are mailed to schools within Massachusetts and Connecticut in early Fall.
Please note: Please email, email@example.com to request your school be put on our mailing list or removed from the mailing list
- If you receive an email request from a student, you will be provided a link to upload the recommendation letter. The student will not see the letter. It can only be viewed by the scholarship committee.
- Academic Transcripts: We will accept unofficial transcripts.