Breast Cancer Awareness
HOW YOU CAN HELP BIG Y SUPPORT
This October, the aisles of your local Big Y are awash in pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. We are dedicating these 31 days to raising funds for our Partners of Hope program, which enables us to give much-needed assistance to local breast cancer organizations, hospitals and medical centers. Since 2007, we were able to raise more than
with your help. We offer many ways for you to help continue to support Partners of Hope — everything from purchasing pink ribbons and shopping bags to buying specific products in our departments.
This month, many of your favorite products have special pink packaging.
That means their manufacturers will be donating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research and awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
BIG Y will donate 5¢ for each Big Y, TopCare, Full Circle, Simply Done, Paws Happy Life, Pure Harmony, Tippy Toes, @Ease, Culinary Tours and Sweet P's brand product* purchased between October 4 and 10, 2018. (*excluding random weight items), UP TO $50,000
From October 1 to 31, purchase a PARTNERS OF HOPE pink ribbon for $1 at any store to help breast cancer organizations throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
BIG Y will donate a portion of the proceeds from our Produce and Floral departments to breast cancer research, UP TO $20,000
Visit the Big Y Pharmacy to get your flu shot and we will donate $5 for breast cancer research, up to $5,000.
All Month, we'll be selling SPECIAL EDITION PINK REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS, so you can go "pink" and "green" at the same time!
For every pound of Big Y All Natural Angus Beef, Big Y USDA Choice Beef and Big Y Smart Chicken products sold, THE BIG Y BUTCHER SHOP WILL DONATE 10¢ for breast cancer research, up to $15,000.
2017 Partners of Hope Recipients
Get more information about our 2017 Partners of Hope recipients in our Partners of Hope eBook.
- Boston, MA - Boston Mass General Hospital Gillette Center for Breast Cancer
- Boston, MA - Brigham & Women’s Hospital Breast Oncology Program
- Boston, MA - Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers
- Boston, MA - Boston Medical Center Belkin Breast Health Center
- Holyoke, MA - La Esperanza La Esperanza: The Hope of Pioneer Valley
- Holyoke, MA - HMC Breast Health Center The Pink W.A.Y. (Women Around You)
- Longmeadow, MA - Survivor Journeys Breast Cancer Program
- Northampton, MA - Cancer-Connection
- Northampton, MA - Cooley Dickinson Women’s Health Care
- Pittsfield, MA - Berkshire Medical Center Women’s Imaging Center
- South Weymouth, MA - South Shore Health Systems
- Springfield, MA - Baystate Health Foundation Rays of Hope
- Springfield, MA - Mercy Medical Center Mercy Breast Care Center
- Westfield, MA - Noble Hospital Comprehensive Breast Program
- Worcester, MA - Saint Vincent Hospital Breast Care Clinic
- Worcester, MA - U Mass Memorial Health Care Comprehensive Breast Center
- Worcester, MA - Family Health Center of Worcester Lois B. Green Breast Health Center Centerpast
- Derby, CT - Griffin Hospital Breast Wellness Program
- Hartford, CT - Hartford Hospital Partnership for Breast Care
- Hartford, CT - St. Francis Foundation Comprehensive Breast Health Center
- Middletown, CT - Middlesex Hospital Shoreline Cancer Center
- New Britain, CT - CT Breast Health Initiative
- New London, CT - Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation
- New Haven, CT - Yale-New Haven Hospital Breast Cancer Program
- Norwich, CT - Backus Hospital Backus Cancer Center
- Stafford Springs, CT - Johnson Memorial Hospital Breast Care Center
- Torrington, CT - Charlotte/Hungerford Hospital Pink Roses Program
- Waterbury, CT - St. Mary’s Hospital Breast & Oncology Center
- Westbrook, CT - Middlesex Hospital Cancer Care South Shore Cancer Center
- Wethersfield, CT - Team Towanda Foundation
- Willimantic, CT - Windham Hospital Foundation Oncology Program