In the market for something new?
Join our Big Y family and share our vision!
As knowledgeable and caring fellow Big Y employees, we work together with our customers, our colleagues and our communities to provide exceptional value and a personal shopping experience that makes daily life easier, more healthful and enjoyable.
Big Y is always hiring!
Simply Choose a Location and fill out our online application!
Go to Our Hiring Site and choose a store location or select one of our opportunities listed below
Now Hiring Management Positions!
Southbridge, Spencer, Holden, Mayfield St. Worcester, Franklin, Walpole, Kingston, Quincy, Norwell, Milford, Norwood, Peabody, Saugus and Easton
Are you looking for a fast paced highly rewarding job opportunity with an American owned and Family operated supermarket?
We’re looking for customer friendly, outgoing individuals who like people and love food!
If you enjoy being part of a team then we have a job for you!
We're currently hiring for full time and management positions in all departments.
The Franklin, MA Big Y is now Searching for a Part Time Porter!
Must Be at Least 18 Years Old
The Holden, MA Big Y is now Hiring Full Time Positions!
Big Y Holden is now Hiring for the following Full Time Positions: Food Service Specialist, Assistant Night Crew Chief, Bakery Specialist/Cake Decorator
Now Hiring for the new Big Y Express!
Now Hiring for Stafford Springs, CT
Click here to Apply Online
FT - Store Manager Trainee
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Oversee total store operations including payroll processes, sales, contribution, diversity, development and retention. Achieve all company operations and sales goals and objectives by building relationships; educate our customers and creating sales.
- Three (3) years of proven retail leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence™ through Big Y’s Firm Foundations™ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to develop, motivate, and influence others through training, mentoring, coaching and team-building.
- Demonstrate financial acumen.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance, be a team player, with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Recruit, interview and select employees.
- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
- Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
- Cultivate growth through the development of high potential employees.
- Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
- Handle conflict and counsel employees that require disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Oversee total store operations including payroll processes, sales, contribution, diversity, development and retention.
- Achieve all company operations and sales goals/objectives (e.g., contribution, budget, gross profit, productivity, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.) as well as monitor weekly sales and labor projections.
- Build relationships, educate our customers and create sales.
- Must have an "M" rating on most recent Performance Evaluation (not required for lateral transitions). If you do not have an “M” rating and are interested in the position please discuss with your Store Director or ESR.
The following materials must be presented at the time of the interview
- A Copy of Resume or word history
- A scored PI
Big Y is now accepting resumes for:
POSITION TITLE: MECHANICAL-ELECTRIC-PLUMBING-REFRIGERATION SPECIALIST
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’evolving expectations by ensuring a World Class facility in order to provide a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our MEP/R Specialist is responsible for coordinating initiatives from the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Refrigeration departments by collaborating with in house specialists and out sourced engineering to assure adequate, efficient and cost effective MEP/R designs.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or licensed MEP/R tradesman with at least 10 years of field experience.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence through Big Y’s Firm Foundations (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- In depth knowledge of electrical distribution, lighting and energy managements systems.
- In depth knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration operating systems and controls.
- In depth knowledge of plumbing systems.
- Basic understanding of tel/com, data and sound system distribution.
- Basic ability to operate CAD.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring schematics. Experienced with Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be accurate and detail-oriented with good follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks independently without supervision; self-motivated.
- Possess excellent time management skills; handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to maintain high degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide leadership through direction and decision making as well as by own example.
- Accountable for all Company property assigned for use on the job.
- Ability to work within and positively promote Company programs, policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Send resumes to email@example.com