In the market for something new?
Join our Big Y family and share our vision!
As knowledgeable and caring fellow Big Y employees, we work together with our customers, our colleagues and our communities to provide exceptional value and a personal shopping experience that makes daily life easier, more healthful and enjoyable.
Big Y is always hiring!
Simply Choose a Location and fill out our online application!
Go to Our Hiring Site and choose a store location or select one of our opportunities listed below
The Holden, MA Big Y is now Hiring Full Time Positions!
Big Y Holden is now Hiring for the following Full Time Positions: Assistant Meat Manager, Assistant Floral Manager, Produce/Floral Specialist , Grocery Specialist, Frozen Food Dairy Overnight Clerk.
Pittsfield, MA, Lee, MA & South Hadley, MA
Hiring Cashiers for Big Y Express!
Big Y Express in Pittsfield, MA, Lee, MA and South Hadley, MA are Now Hiring Cashiers. Must be available nights and weekends.
Franklin, Walpole, Kingston, Quincy, Norwell, Milford, Norwood, Peabody, Saugus and Easton
Are you looking for a fast paced highly rewarding job opportunity with an American owned and Family operated supermarket?
We’re looking for customer friendly, outgoing individuals who like people and love food!
If you enjoy being part of a team then we have a job for you!
We're currently hiring for full time and management positions in all departments.
Big Y is now accepting resumes for:
POSITION TITLE: MECHANICAL-ELECTRIC-PLUMBING-REFRIGERATION SPECIALIST
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’evolving expectations by ensuring a World Class facility in order to provide a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our MEP/R Specialist is responsible for coordinating initiatives from the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Refrigeration departments by collaborating with in house specialists and out sourced engineering to assure adequate, efficient and cost effective MEP/R designs.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or licensed MEP/R tradesman with at least 10 years of field experience.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence through Big Y’s Firm Foundations (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- In depth knowledge of electrical distribution, lighting and energy managements systems.
- In depth knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration operating systems and controls.
- In depth knowledge of plumbing systems.
- Basic understanding of tel/com, data and sound system distribution.
- Basic ability to operate CAD.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring schematics. Experienced with Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be accurate and detail-oriented with good follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks independently without supervision; self-motivated.
- Possess excellent time management skills; handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to maintain high degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide leadership through direction and decision making as well as by own example.
- Accountable for all Company property assigned for use on the job.
- Ability to work within and positively promote Company programs, policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org