Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2016-11-22Clif Bar Recall Clif Bar & Company is initiating a recall on one production run of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Clif & Nut Butter Filled energy bars due to the presence of small plastic pieces found in a limited number of bars sold in the U.S.
- 2016-11-21Sabra Hummus Recall Sabra Dipping Co., LLC is recalling certain hummus products made prior to November 8, 2016 due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes, which was identified at the manufacturing facility but not in tested finished product.
- 2016-11-21Heinz Gravy Recall Heinz HomeStyle Bistro Au Jus Gravy is being recalled because some of the jars may be mislabeled as Heinz Pork Gravy and therefore are not labeled as containing milk and soy.
- 2016-11-164C and Homestyle Grated Cheese Recall 4C Foods Corp. is recalling 4C Grated Cheese and Homestyle Grated Cheese Brands due to possible contamination with Salmonella.
- 2016-11-11Free2b Foods of Boulder, CO - Chocolate Sun Cups Recall Free2b Foods of Boulder, CO is recalling its chocolate Sun Cups for three specific Sell By dates, because it may contain undeclared milk ingredients.
- 2016-10-28Back to Nature Cookies and Granola Recall Back to Nature Foods, LLC is recalling products that contain chocolate purchased from a third party supplier which was found to contain undeclared Milk that is not listed as an ingredient on the label.
- 2016-10-14Wellfleet Oysters Recall The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF), working in conjunction with local health and shellfish authorities, announced yesterday that shellfish beds in the town of Wellfleet have been closed effective immediately due to a large outbreak of suspected norovirus illness believed to be linked to consumption of shellfish from that area.
- 2016-10-14Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Core Recall Unilever U.S. is recalling a limited number of pints of Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Core ice cream because they may inadvertently contain soft, clear plastic pieces.
- 2016-10-11Cesar Dog Food Recall Mars Petcare US announced a recall of a limited number of CESAR Classics Filet Mignon Flavor product due to a potential choking risk from hard white pieces of plastic which entered the food during the production process.
- 2016-10-10Turkey Hill Ice Cream Recall Turkey Hill Dairy is announcing a recall of 48 oz. Rocky Road Premium Ice Cream and 48 oz. Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream because of potential mislabeling of the product.
- 2016-09-20Kellogg's Eggo Nutri-Grain Waffles Recall Kellogg Company is recalling approximately 10,000 cases of Kellogg's Eggo Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat Waffles because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts