Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Chicken Nuggets Meal Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
- 2017-04-24Lay's Jalapeno Potato Chips Recall Frito-Lay today announced it is recalling select Jalapeno Flavored Lay's Kettle Cooked potato chips due to the potential presence of Salmonella in the seasoning.
- 2017-04-03Hunt's Chili Kits Recall Conagra Brands, Inc., announced today it is recalling a limited amount of Hunt's Chili Kits due to the potential presence of Salmonella in the chili seasoning packet contained in the kit.
- 2017-03-30NuGo Slim Crunchy Peanut Butter Bar Recall Lifestyle Evolution is recalling NuGo Slim Crunchy Peanut Butter nutrition bars. In isolated cases, a product with milk allergen was incorrectly packaged into Slim Crunchy Peanut Butter wrappers and cartons.
- 2017-03-15Edamame Sushi Recall AFC Sushi is recalling its Frozen Boiled Soybeans (Edamame) manufactured by Fu Hong Foods Ent. This product is being recalled due to a positive test for Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2017-03-08Gerber Recall Gerber Products Company of Florham Park, New Jersey, is initiating a recall of Cheese Ravioli Gerber Pasta Pick-Ups because the egg allergen is missing from the "Contains" statement.
- 2017-03-03SoyNut Butter Recall The SoyNut Butter Co. has announced a recall of our I.M. Healthy Original Creamy SoyNut Butter. The recall is in response to the FDA alerting us of a possible link between our product and illnesses regarding E. coli.
- 2017-02-10Sargento Recall - Updated 02-20-17 Sargento is issuing a recall due to the possibility of contamination by Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts