Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2017-03-15Edamame Sushi Recall AFC Sushi is recalling its Frozen Boiled Soybeans (Edamame) manufactured by Fu Hong Foods Ent. This product is being recalled due to a positive test for Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2017-03-08Gerber Recall Gerber Products Company of Florham Park, New Jersey, is initiating a recall of Cheese Ravioli Gerber Pasta Pick-Ups because the egg allergen is missing from the "Contains" statement.
- 2017-03-03SoyNut Butter Recall The SoyNut Butter Co. has announced a recall of our I.M. Healthy Original Creamy SoyNut Butter. The recall is in response to the FDA alerting us of a possible link between our product and illnesses regarding E. coli.
- 2017-02-10Sargento Recall - Updated 02-20-17 Sargento is issuing a recall due to the possibility of contamination by Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported.
- 2017-01-24Sierra Nevada Beers Recall Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. today announced a recall of select 12-ounce bottles that may contain a glass packaging flaw.
- 2017-01-10Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies Recall Hostess Brands, LLC is recalling its Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies because of a recall by Blommer Chocolate Company of the confectionary coating used on the Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies product.
- 2017-01-09Honest Company Baby Powder Recall The Honest Company is recalling all lots of Organic Baby Powder. This product is distributed in the United States in 4 oz containers.
- 2017-01-059 Lives Cat Food Recall The J.M. Smucker Company today announced a limited voluntary recall on certain lots of 9Lives canned cat food due to possible low levels of thiamine (Vitamin B1).
- 2016-12-26Southeastern Mills Biscuit Mix and Breading Recall Southeastern Mills, Inc. is initiating a recall of certain quantities branded food mixes because these ingredients and food mixes contain milk or buttermilk powder purchased from Valley Milk Products, Inc. that is potentially contaminated with Salmonella.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts