Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2016-10-14Wellfleet Oysters Recall The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF), working in conjunction with local health and shellfish authorities, announced yesterday that shellfish beds in the town of Wellfleet have been closed effective immediately due to a large outbreak of suspected norovirus illness believed to be linked to consumption of shellfish from that area.
- 2016-10-14Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Core Recall Unilever U.S. is recalling a limited number of pints of Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Core ice cream because they may inadvertently contain soft, clear plastic pieces.
- 2016-10-11Cesar Dog Food Recall Mars Petcare US announced a recall of a limited number of CESAR Classics Filet Mignon Flavor product due to a potential choking risk from hard white pieces of plastic which entered the food during the production process.
- 2016-10-10Turkey Hill Ice Cream Recall Turkey Hill Dairy is announcing a recall of 48 oz. Rocky Road Premium Ice Cream and 48 oz. Dutch Chocolate Premium Ice Cream because of potential mislabeling of the product.
- 2016-09-20Kellogg's Eggo Nutri-Grain Waffles Recall Kellogg Company is recalling approximately 10,000 cases of Kellogg's Eggo Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat Waffles because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-08-20Koffee Kup Bakery Rolls Recall Koffee Kup Bakery, Inc. has recalled approximately 99,000 packages of its bread products due to the possibility that there may be clear plastic pieces in some products.
- 2016-07-28Gold Medal and Wondra Recall Expansion Due to four new confirmed illnesses, General Mills is adding additional flour production dates to the previously announced U.S. retail flour recall that was originally announced on May 31, 2016.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts