Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2016-07-19P.F. Chang's Recall ConAgra Foods, a Russellville, Ark. establishment, is recalling approximately 195,597 pounds of frozen chicken and beef entree products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal.
- 2016-07-12Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Cake Mix Recall A General Mills supplier used Wondra flour implicated in the July 1, 2016 recall to manufacture the flavor chips used in these two recalled cake mix flavors.
- 2016-07-11Krusteaz Blueberry Pancake Mix Recall The company was notified by our supplier that their product, a blueberry nugget, is made with a small percentage of affected flour which was recalled by General Mills because it may be contaminated with E. coli O121.
- 2016-07-01Gold Medal and Wondra Recalll General Mills of Minneapolis, MN, continues to collaborate with health officials to investigate a multistate outbreak of E. coli O121, and is expanding its recall of Gold Medal flour, Wondra flour, and Signature Kitchens flour to include flour made earlier in the fall that may still be in consumers' pantries.
- 2016-06-23Bolthouse Farms Drinks Recall Bolthouse Farms is recalling a selection of protein drinks due to possible spoilage that may cause the beverages to appear lumpy, taste unpleasant and have an off odor.
- 2016-06-16Combos Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Recall Mars Chocolate North America announced a recall of certain varieties and limited dates of production of COMBOS® Cheddar Cheese Pretzel, COMBOS® Cheddar Cheese Cracker, COMBOS® Pizzeria Pretzel, COMBOS® Sweet and Salt Caramel Pretzel, COMBOS® Pepperoni Cracker, COMBOS® Buffalo Pretzel.
- 2016-06-14Nogii Nuts About Berries Paleo Bar Recall NoGii is recalling its Nuts About Berries Paleo Bars because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- 2016-06-14Keebler, Murray, Special K, Famous Amos Recall Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) today announced that it is recalling certain varieties and limited dates of production of Mother's, Keebler, Kellogg's Special K brownies, Murray and Famous Amos snacks and cookies because they may contain undeclared peanut residue.
- 2016-06-13Frito Lay Baked and Popped and Fun Times Multipack Recall Frito-Lay today issued an update to its previously announced recall of select Rold Gold Tiny Twists included in multipack offerings due to a potential undeclared peanut allergen.
- 2016-06-08Nature Made Vitamins Recall Pharmavite LLC is recalling specific lots of Nature Made products detailed in the chart below due to possible Salmonella or Staphylococcus aureus contamination.
- 2016-06-07Hostess Chocodile Twinkies Recall Hostess Brands, LLC is recalling 710,000 cases of select snack cakes and donuts as a direct result of the recent recall by our supplier, Grain Craft, of certain lots of its flour for undeclared peanut residue.
- 2016-06-07Atkins Nutritionals Recall Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. is issuing a recall of limited lot codes of certain bar products. These products contain or may have come in contact with equipment that processed product containing sunflower seeds distributed by supplier SunOpta, Inc. that have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-06-06Post Great Grains Protein Blend Cereal Recall Post Consumer Brands is recalling a limited quantity of its Great Grains Protein Blend - Honey, Oats and Seeds cereal because it contains sunflower seeds that have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-06-06Hostess Ding Dongs and Donettes Recall Hostess Brands, LLC is recalling 710,000 cases of select snack cakes and donuts as a direct result of the recent recall by our supplier, Grain Craft, of certain lots of its flour for undeclared peanut residue.
- 2016-06-02Quaker Quinoa Granola Bars Recall Quaker took the cautionary measure to issue the recall on a small quantity of their Quinoa Bars that were potentially impacted by sunflower kernels received from SunOpta that were potentially contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes (L.mono).
- 2016-06-02Nature Valley Protein and Nature Valley Simple Nut Bars Recall General Mills announced today a recall on select flavors of Nature Valley Protein and Nature Valley Simple Nut bars.
- 2016-06-02Clif Bars Recall Clif Bar and Company is initiating a voluntary recall of CLIF BAR Nuts and Seeds energy bars, CLIF BAR Sierra Trail Mix energy bars, and CLIF Mojo Mountain Mix trail mix bars, sold nationally, after its ingredient supplier, SunOpta, was found to have distributed sunflower kernels that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes (L.mono).
- 2016-06-01Kashi Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bars Recall Kashi Company today announced a voluntary recall of Kashi Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bars and Bear Naked® Soft Baked Granola, Cinnamon + Sunflower Butter in the continental United States because they contain ingredients made from sunflower seeds distributed by our supplier, SunOpta, that have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-06-01Gold Medal Flour and Gold Medal Wondra Flour Recall General Mills is recalling several days of production of Gold Medal Flour and Gold Medal Wondra Flour due to the potential presence of E. coli 0121.
- 2016-05-16Dr. Praeger's Sensible Foods Entrees Recall Ar. Praeger's Sensible Foods, Inc. is recalling various not-ready-to-eat frozen food items due to the potential for these products to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-05-10Tai Pei Entrees Recall Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc. is recalling various Not-Ready-To Eat frozen food items due to the potential for these products to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- 2016-05-02SunOpta Sunflower Seeds Recall SunOpta is recalling some of its roasted sunflower kernel products due to the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes (Listeria).
- 2016-04-26Kiddie Camp Patio Set and Swing Recall Far East Brokers and Consultants are recalling Kiddie Camp Patio Set and Swing in Butterfly Print Only for excessive levels of lead in the paint.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts