Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2017-01-10Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies Recall Hostess Brands, LLC is recalling its Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies because of a recall by Blommer Chocolate Company of the confectionary coating used on the Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies product.
- 2017-01-09Honest Company Baby Powder Recall The Honest Company is recalling all lots of Organic Baby Powder. This product is distributed in the United States in 4 oz containers.
- 2017-01-059 Lives Cat Food Recall The J.M. Smucker Company today announced a limited voluntary recall on certain lots of 9Lives canned cat food due to possible low levels of thiamine (Vitamin B1).
- 2016-12-26Southeastern Mills Biscuit Mix and Breading Recall Southeastern Mills, Inc. is initiating a recall of certain quantities branded food mixes because these ingredients and food mixes contain milk or buttermilk powder purchased from Valley Milk Products, Inc. that is potentially contaminated with Salmonella.
- 2016-12-19Poppies International, Inc. is recalling Mini Eclairs Poppies International initiated the recall of all products that were made with custard powder containing affected milk ingredients supplied by a secondary supplier after being informed that the product may contain the possible presence of Salmonella.
- 2016-12-19Gonsalves Sugar Coated Almonds Recall Gonsalves initiated the recall due to misbranding inasmuch as the ingredient list on the packaging is incorrect.
- 2016-12-12Deep River Sour Cream & Onion Kettle Chips Recall Deep River Snacks is issuing a recall for certain Sour Cream and Onion Kettle Chips after being informed by a 3rd party ingredient supplier that buttermilk powder used in the seasoning may contain traces of Salmonella.
- 2016-12-09Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Apple Pancake & Waffle Mix Recall Stonewall Kitchen of York, Maine is recalling a limited quantity of Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Apple Pancake & Waffle Mix after the FDA found traces of Salmonella at the manufacturing facility of the ingredient supplier for the powdered buttermilk used in this product
- 2016-12-09Earth Balance Vegan White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and Earth Balance Vegan Cheddar Mac & Cheese Recall Boulder Brands, Inc. is recalling Earth Balance Vegan White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and Earth Balance Vegan Cheddar Mac & Cheese. Boulder Brands initiated the recall after being informed by consumers that the product may contain a dairy allergen.
- 2016-11-22Clif Bar Recall Clif Bar & Company is initiating a recall on one production run of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Clif & Nut Butter Filled energy bars due to the presence of small plastic pieces found in a limited number of bars sold in the U.S.
- 2016-11-21Sabra Hummus Recall Sabra Dipping Co., LLC is recalling certain hummus products made prior to November 8, 2016 due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes, which was identified at the manufacturing facility but not in tested finished product.
- 2016-11-21Heinz Gravy Recall Heinz HomeStyle Bistro Au Jus Gravy is being recalled because some of the jars may be mislabeled as Heinz Pork Gravy and therefore are not labeled as containing milk and soy.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts