Food Safety Notices
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- 2017-02-10Sargento Recall Sargento is issuing a recall due to the possibility of contamination by Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported.
- 2017-01-26Kidfresh Meatballs Recall Kidfresh is recalling its Mighty Meaty Chicken Meatballs with Best by date of FEB 26th 2018 because it does not meet the high standards that Kidfresh demands of its products.
- 2017-01-24Sierra Nevada Beers Recall Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. today announced a recall of select 12-ounce bottles that may contain a glass packaging flaw.
- 2017-01-10Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies Recall Hostess Brands, LLC is recalling its Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies because of a recall by Blommer Chocolate Company of the confectionary coating used on the Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies product.
- 2017-01-09Honest Company Baby Powder Recall The Honest Company is recalling all lots of Organic Baby Powder. This product is distributed in the United States in 4 oz containers.
- 2017-01-059 Lives Cat Food Recall The J.M. Smucker Company today announced a limited voluntary recall on certain lots of 9Lives canned cat food due to possible low levels of thiamine (Vitamin B1).
- 2016-12-26Southeastern Mills Biscuit Mix and Breading Recall Southeastern Mills, Inc. is initiating a recall of certain quantities branded food mixes because these ingredients and food mixes contain milk or buttermilk powder purchased from Valley Milk Products, Inc. that is potentially contaminated with Salmonella.
- 2016-12-19Poppies International, Inc. is recalling Mini Eclairs Poppies International initiated the recall of all products that were made with custard powder containing affected milk ingredients supplied by a secondary supplier after being informed that the product may contain the possible presence of Salmonella.
- 2016-12-19Gonsalves Sugar Coated Almonds Recall Gonsalves initiated the recall due to misbranding inasmuch as the ingredient list on the packaging is incorrect.
- 2016-12-12Deep River Sour Cream & Onion Kettle Chips Recall Deep River Snacks is issuing a recall for certain Sour Cream and Onion Kettle Chips after being informed by a 3rd party ingredient supplier that buttermilk powder used in the seasoning may contain traces of Salmonella.
- 2016-12-09Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Apple Pancake & Waffle Mix Recall Stonewall Kitchen of York, Maine is recalling a limited quantity of Stonewall Kitchen Cinnamon Apple Pancake & Waffle Mix after the FDA found traces of Salmonella at the manufacturing facility of the ingredient supplier for the powdered buttermilk used in this product
- 2016-12-09Earth Balance Vegan White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and Earth Balance Vegan Cheddar Mac & Cheese Recall Boulder Brands, Inc. is recalling Earth Balance Vegan White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and Earth Balance Vegan Cheddar Mac & Cheese. Boulder Brands initiated the recall after being informed by consumers that the product may contain a dairy allergen.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.com - Your Online Resource for Recalls
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts