Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England, Proud to be family owned and operated, they currently operate over 60 locations throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 10,000 employees. Big Y has been named a 2015 Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- 2016-06-29OVER 29,000 WORN AMERICAN FLAGS PROPERLY RETIRED For the fifth year in a row, in honor of Flag Day, Big Y collected worn, torn, faded, or badly soiled American Flags for proper retirement from May 26th to June 15th. Almost 29,100 worn American flags since the program began, including 5,561 collected this year.
- 2016-06-29Big Y Plans New Store in Marlborough, CT Big Y Foods, Inc. has announced plans to open a World Class Market located at 1 Independence Drive and Route 66 in Marlborough, CT.
- 2016-06-14Johnson Memorial Hospital Begins Renovations for Fastcare Walk-In Clinic at Big Y in Stafford Springs Johnson Memorial Hospital, a Trinity Health - New England provider, is getting ready to open its first retail health clinic at Big Y World Class Market at 87 West Stafford Road in Stafford Springs.
- 2016-06-07Big Y Announces Community Partnership and Support of Local Farmers Big Y Foods, Inc. today officially announced the launch of an expanded partnership with local milk processor HP Hood at an event held at Hood's milk processing facility in Agawam, MA. Big Y also announced an in-store campaign designed to support local farmers from the Berkshires to the Pioneer Valley region through the purchase of milk at participating Big Y store locations.
- 2016-06-01Holden Big Y Is Reborn With a Table & Vine Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of the renovations at their Holden, MA World Class Market at 160 Reservoir Street (Route 31).
- 2016-04-13Big Y Appoints 2 New Vice Presidents The Board of Directors of Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Mathieu L. D'Amour as vice president, real estate and development and Theresa Jasmin as vice president of finance. In addition, Devyn Blais Webb has been promoted to director of accounting.
- 2016-04-07Big Y Express Hiring for 10 New Jobs Big Y Foods, Inc. will hire 10 positions for its Lee Big Y Express. This location has enjoyed strong growth, resulting in their need to hire additional associates.