Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Proud to be family owned and operated, we operate almost 80 stores throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 11,000 employees. Big Y has been named a 2015 Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- 2017-05-04Big Y Helps Local Pets in May Big Y World Class Markets announce the beginning of the company's third annual "May is Pet Month" donation drive.
- 2017-05-01Norwich Big Y Is Reborn Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of the renovations at their Norwich, CT World Class Market at 234 Salem Turnpike.
- 2017-05-01Monroe Big Y Is Reborn Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of the renovations at their Monroe, CT World Class Market at 535 Monroe Turnpike.
- 2017-05-01Big Y Invests Over $13 million in Hampshire County Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of renovations totaling over $13 million at 3 Hampshire County, Massachusetts locations.
- 2017-04-201,000,000 Vials Recycled Since 2015, Big Y World Class Market's Pharmacy and Wellness Centers have recycled almost 1 million bottles and vials troughout the chain.
- 2017-04-17Ronald McDonald House of Springfield Announces Major Gift Donation From Big Y Beginning this month, Big Y customers shopping in Walpole, Easton, Norwell, Kingston, Norwood and Quincy will have access to in-store dietitian services.