Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Proud to be family owned and operated, we operate almost 80 stores throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 11,000 employees. Big Y has been named a 2015 Employer of Choice by the Employers Association of the Northeast. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- 2017-01-17Big Y Appoints Ops VP The Board of Directors of Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard D. Bossie as vice president of store operations, succeeding William Hogan who has retired.
- 2017-01-16Big Y Raises More Than $230,000 for Local Breast Cancer In order to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer, all Big Y Supermarkets donated proceeds from their October initiative "Partners of Hope" to 24 local breast cancer support groups throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- 2017-01-12All Big Y Pharmacies Now Open Sundays In an effort to better serve the healthcare needs of its customers, Big Y Foods has opened the balance of its Pharmacy and Wellness Center Locations on Sundays.
- 2016-12-16Last Minute Gift Ideas from the Supermarket Last-minute Christmas gifts from the supermarket are surprisingly easy to find if you're willing to be creative.
- 2016-11-29Liana Uncorked at Table & Vine The entire team at Table & Vine feels passionate about their roots interwoven with grape vines. So, they selected the name, "Liana" for their first ever wines made exclusively for them.
- 2016-11-292 Massachusetts Family Businesses Share Goals Big Y World Class Markets has begun working with Chex Finer Foods to supply their customers with new specialty, natural and locally produced products in all of their markets.