Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England, Proud to be family owned and operated, they currently operate 63 locations throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 10,000 employees. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- 2015-05-29Locally Grown Has Arrived at Big Y Not only does Big Y sell locally grown produce from the spring into the fall as they follow the growing season in Southern New England, but they also take pride in offering local flowers and plants in all of their markets
- 2015-05-29WORN AMERICAN FLAG COLLECTION For the fourth year in a row, in honor of Flag Day, Big Y is collecting worn, torn, faded, or badly soiled American Flags for proper retirement. Big Y is working with local Boy Scouts, American Legions, VFW's, and military organizations to properly retire the collected flags.
- 2015-05-06Big Y Opens 1st Gas and Convenience Location Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the grand opening celebration for their first wholly owned Big Y Express Gas and Convenience store located at 202 West St. in Pittsfield, MA adjacent to their World Class Market there.
- 2015-05-04Rocky Hill Is Reborn Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the completion of the renovations of their Rocky Hill, CT World Class Market at 1040 Elm Street.
- 2015-04-23$30,000 to Wounded Warrior Believe in Heroes Campaign Big Y Foods, Inc. is proud to announce their donation of $30,000 to the national Wounded Warrior Project 2014 Believe in Heroes campaign.
- 2015-04-15Big Y Recycles Prescription Vials Big Y World Class Markets will be one of the first regional chains in the country to implement a prescription vial recycling program for their customers.
- 2015-04-14Big Y Hiring For 20 New Jobs Big Y Foods, Inc. will hire 20 part-time positions for their newly remodeled World Class Market in Rocky Hill, CT.