Big Y in the News
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Proud to be family owned and operated, they currently operate 61 locations throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts with over 10,000 employees. Founded in 1936 by brothers Paul and Gerald D'Amour, the store was named after an intersection in Chicopee, Massachusetts where two roads converge to form a "Y".
Big Y in the News contains excerpts from press releases that have been sent to local media.
Our Most Recent Releases:
- 2014-04-17Dairy Doors Add Value for Everyone
As part of ongoing efforts to support a healthier environment and to improve the customer experience, Big Y World Class Markets will be installing dairy case doors in 25 stores this spring.
- 2014-04-16NEW FRESH FOODS AND MORE
Big Y Foods, Inc. is proud to Announce The Meriden Big Y World Class Market at 533 South Broad Street will be adding new lunch and dinner options along with several other gluten-free and organic items to its offerings.
- 2014-04-01COMMITMENT TO KOSHER
For almost 20 years, Edie Perew has been assisting the local kosher community in selecting as many foods to fit the Kashrut or Jewish dietary law as possible.
- 2014-03-24Education Express
Big Y + Community = Big Results for Local Schools through Education Express
- 2014-03-18Big Y Foods Receives National Recognition for its Support of Youth Success
FMI recently announced Big Y as a recipient of the organization's Community Outreach Award.
- 2014-03-12BIG Y APPOINTS NEW VICE PRESIDENT
The board of directors of Big Y Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the promotion of Eric A. Swensen to vice president of center store for the 60 store chain.
- 2014-03-10Lucky Day for Local Food Banks
12,000 pounds of corned beef donated by Big Y
- 2014-02-25Second Annual 5K Grape Chase Road Race Steps Off April 26
Eastern States Exposition and Table & Vine have partnered to present the second annual 5K Grape Chase Road Race April 26 on the grounds of Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Mass.
- 2014-02-18Six Food Retailers Recognized for Community Outreach Programs and Charitable Initiatives
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) today announced the six winners of its 2013 Community Outreach Awards.
- 2014-02-03VEGGIE FRIES REVOLUTIONIZES FROZEN FRENCH FRY CATEGORY
Big Y Foods, Inc. is proud to Announce that Veggie Fries are available at Big Y Supermarkets.