Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 28 to 34 Minutes
October 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Coat a large foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
5. In a large bowl using a wooden spoon, combine turkey, egg, shallot, garlic, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, flour, basil, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
6. Roll mixture into 1–1½-inch meatballs and pPlace on prepared baking sheet. Wash hands after handling raw turkey and eggs.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
8. Remove from oven and place in a large saucepot. Add marinara sauce and keep warm over low heat.
9. Cut ends off zucchini and cut in half crosswise. Run zucchini through a spiralizer on the thin noddle setting, cutting the zucchini noodles every 12-15 inches.
10. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add zucchini noodles and sauté for 3 minutes or until just soft.
11. Serve zucchini noodles topped with meatballs, sauce and garnished with chives if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 5g