White Bean Sage Stuffed Squash
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until soft enough to easily cut in half; let cool.
5. Once cool, cut in half and scoop out seeds and membranes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic and carrots and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Add beans, broth, sage, oregano and salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes or until broth has evaporated.
9. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, stir in tomatoes.
10. Place squash halves, cut side up, on a large baking sheet. Evenly divide bean mixture between squash halves and cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
11. Season with additional salt and pepper before serving, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 51g
Dietary Fiber: 10g