Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 28 Minutes
February 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, shallots, garlic, parsley, egg, cayenne pepper and salt to taste, mix well. Shape mixture into meatballs, about the size of a golf ball and place on a baking sheet. Wash hands after handling raw meat and eggs.
5. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Once hot, add meatballs and cook until nicely browned but not cooked all the way through, about 4 minutes, turning often.
6. Place meatballs on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray and bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, about 10 minutes.
7. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add pasta sauce. Cook until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
8. Place meatballs and a little sauce inside slider buns and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 359, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 88mg, Sodium: 757mg, Carbohydrates: 41g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 24g