Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
Recipe provided by Toll House For more “Brand” inspiration, please visit https://www.verybestbaking.com/verybestbaking/
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed small saucepan. Place butter into the pan and cook over low-medium heat. Using a heat proof spatula or wooden spoon, stir frequently and do not walk away from it. The butter will bubble and boil. Once it stops bubbling so quickly, begin to stir the liquid more frequently, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. The milk solids on the bottom of the pan will start to turn brown. Once they reach a similar color to an almond skin, remove the pan from the heat. This process will take approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Transfer the butter to a heat proof bowl and refrigerate until the butter turns back to a solid state. Take caution when handling this mixture, as it is very hot.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit F.
5. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
6. Beat brown butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
7. Add egg and yolk, and beat well to incorporate. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
8. Stir in morsels.
9. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
10. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!