1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 4 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken and mix until well-combined. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken into pan and cook until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit has been reached as verified by an instant-read food thermometer and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
6. In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
7. Stir in tomato paste and remaining ginger, garlic, and spices. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Mix in crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Add heavy cream, remaining lemon juice, and chicken. Mix to combine and cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!