Thai-Style Corn Fritters
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe
Watch this recipe being prepared
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, honoring the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to our country. It's a great opportunity to learn more about AAPI history and celebrate by preparing some of these Asian and Pacific Islander-inspired recipes for your lunch or dinner.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a food processor, combine flour, coconut milk, egg, lime juice, curry paste and half the corn. Process until smooth. Note: The mixture will be thick. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in remaining corn, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil. Frying in batches, drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the oil and cook until golden in color, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper-towel-lined plates.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water and sweet chili sauce. Serve with fritters.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
(2 fritters, 1 Tbsp. sauce)
Calories: 113, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 349mg, Carbohydrates 12g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 2g