Dig In Magazine April/May 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
---For Ground Beef or Chicken---
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add taco seasoning plus 3/4 cup water to cooked ground beef or chicken.
2. Simmer, stirring frequently, until there is very little liquid left in the pan, about 5 to 7 minutes.
1. Remove tofu from packaging and drain. Cut in half, lengthwise, and lay flat on a stack of paper towels; top with more paper towels, then put a heavy skillet on top to press out the excess water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Brush tofu on all sides with olive oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the tofu and cook for 5 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Flip and cook 2 more minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before cutting into chunks.
---For Taco Bar---
1. Serve tacos of choice with a wide assortment of taco toppings.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!