Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 51 to 52 Minutes
August/September 2019 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread corn out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 18 minutes or until golden brown; let cool.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla cinnamon and nutmeg; bring mixture to a simmer, stirring often. Remove from heat and let mixture cool slightly.
3. Carefully pour mixture into a food processor and puree until very smooth; set aside. May need to do in batches.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously coat six, 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray and place them in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and egg yolks. Slowly add warm custard, ¼ cup at a cup at a time, stirring until blended; transfer mixture to the prepared ramekins.
6. Pour hot water into the baking dish to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 32 minutes or until corn custard is just set and doesn’t jiggle.
7. Set oven to broil and broil custard for 1-2 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Remove ramekins from the baking dish and let cool on wire racks for 15 minutes. Serve topped with raspberries.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 487 (Calories from Fat: 306)
Total Fat: 34g (Saturated Fat: 20g)
Total Carbohydrates: 39g (Dietary Fiber: 4g