Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 1 Hour, Grill 19 Minutes
August/September 2018 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, 7 tablespoons oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste; process until herbs are minced and mixture is well combined; reserve about ¾ cup and place remaining mixture in a large plastic bag. Add steak, seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw steak.
4. Rub both sides of zucchini and bell pepper halves with remaining oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade and discard used marinade. Grill for 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Turn grill heat to medium and add zucchini and bell pepper halves. Grill, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear on zucchini, about 4 minutes and bell peppers are slightly charred, about 7 minutes; turning halfway through. Remove from grill and let cool. Once cool, slice zucchini and chop bell peppers.
7. Toss lettuce in a bowl with half of the remaining herb mixture, then divide among 6 plates and top each with zucchini, bell peppers, steak and avocado slices; drizzle remaining vinaigrette on top. Garnish with radishes and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 471 (Calories from Fat: 306)
Total Fat: 34g (Saturated Fat: 10g)
Total Carbohydrates: 8g (Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 4g)