Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
April 2023 Dig In Recipe
Sharp, tangy cheese mixed with sweet, crisp snap peas.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Once boiling, add peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into a large bowl of ice water. Drain again and set aside. Once cool to the touch, cut peas in half.
4. In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, until they are softened but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add remaining olive oil and heat for 2 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add mint and peas, stirring well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate and let cool to room temperature.
6. Top with goat cheese and mint sprigs, if desired, before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 130, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 120mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 4g