Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 30 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; add ground beef. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook for 6 minutes or until bee is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
- Return skillet with beef to stove and add diced tomatoes, prepared rice, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and set to the side. Remove membranes and seeds. Stuff each pepper evenly with beef mixture and place in a baking dish; pour water in bottom of pan.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes. During the last 10 minutes, top each with tomato sauce, cheese and pepper top.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 40g
Dietary Fiber: 7g