Watch this recipe being prepared
There is nothing better to cool off with on a summer day than ice cream. Treat yourself and any guests to this easy to make and refreshing ice box cake.
Summer 2 Recipe 2022
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so that paper extends about 2 inches over sides of pan; spray with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream, sugar and vanilla extract 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
4. Evenly spread Strawbar Swirl ice cream in bottom of prepared pan; sprinkle with 1 cup cookies.
5. Carefully spread Pistasch ice cream over cookies; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cookies.
6. Carefully spread cream mixture over cookies; sprinkle with pistachios.
7. Cover pan with plastic wrap; freeze at least 5 hours or up to overnight.
8. Using overhanging sides of parchment paper, transfer cake to cutting board; remove paper and carefully cut crosswise into 8 (1-inch) slices.
9. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat (g) 28 g
Cholesterol (mg) 39 mg
Sodium (mg) 183 mg
Carbohydrates (g) 45 g
Fiber (g) 6 g
Protein (g) 9 g