Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill for 35 Minutes, Bake for 20 Minutes.
Treat your loved ones to something a little sweet this Valentine’s Day. Nestled on top of a rich and creamy filling and crumbly crust, strawberries shine in this delectable tart. It’s the perfect way to show someone how much you care.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour and beat until mixture forms a ball.
2. Flatten mixture into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Lightly coat an 8 or 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
4. Press crust firmly onto bottom and halfway up sides of pans and place back the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15 or until crust is dry looking and lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add red currant jelly. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until it just begins to melt, add water to thin slightly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
8. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth, fold in whipped topping.
9. Spread evenly over bottom of tart pan and top with the strawberries halves.
10. Generously brush jelly mixture over top of strawberries and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 342 (Calories from Fat: 153)
Total Fat: 17g (Saturated Fat: 11g)
Total Carbohydrates: 43g (Dietary Fiber: 1g