Cooking Time: 15 to 18 Minutes
Try making this recipe with any bread, muffin, roll or bun of your choosing; adjust sauce and toppings usage accordingly.
You can choose to prepare this recipe using your own pizza sauce or a jarred version.
Add more of your favorite pizza toppings to each bread piece for variation and adjust bake time accordingly.
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Cut the loaf of Country French Bread in half lengthwise.
4. Place bread on a baking sheet, cut side up. Evenly spread the pizza sauce on each half (2.5 oz per piece), and sprinkle fennel on both pieces for an added zip of flavor (1/16 teaspoon per half).
5. Then, top each half with mozzarella (1.5 oz per piece), followed by the quartered pepperoni (.5 oz per piece).
6. Place baking sheet with assembled pizza pieces in center of preheated oven. Bake for 15 18 minutes until cheese browns and begins to bubble on the top.
7. Remove from the oven. French Bread Pizza will be very hot. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Cut, serve and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!