Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 20 Minutes
February/March 2020 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, maple syrup, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Seal with lid and shake to combine; set vinaigrette aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, remaining garlic, cinnamon and cayenne.
4. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and brush coconut mixture over top; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are just fork-tender; let cool.
5. In a large bowl, add spinach, pomegranate seeds and cooked sweet potatoes. Top with pomegranate seeds, walnuts and goat cheese crumbles and serve with vinaigrette.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (without vinaigrette) Calories: 228 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 5g