Recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter 52 (dated 3/27/14-5/21/14).
Recipe provided by Smart Chicken.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Mix together the spinach, artichokes, both cheeses, tomatoes and basil.
5. Insert knife halfway through the side of each chicken breast and swing the knife in a half-circle motion to create a pocket.
6. Fill the chicken with spinach mixture, pushing it to the bottom of the pocket until filled.
7. Secure the openings of the chicken with a wooden toothpick.
8. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and season tops with salt, pepper and paprika. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
9. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!