Prep Time: 20
Cooking Time: Cook 22 to 23 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add pasta sauce; let simmer gently.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, bread- crumbs, shallots, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Add eggs and mix until well combined. Using wet hands, form mixture into 12 balls; place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and browned. Remove from oven, add to pasta sauce and toss lightly to coat.
5. Preheat oven to broil.
6. Split open each hoagie roll, making sure not to cut all the way through. Top each with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, 3 meatballs and 2 tablespoons sauce. Place on a broiler pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or just until cheese melts.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 790 (Calories from Fat: 351)
Total Fat: 39g (Saturated Fat: 16g)
Total Carbohydrates: 60g (Dietary Fiber: 6g