From the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter, Issue #88 (March 19th -May 13th, 2020).
Recipe and image from Wunder Creamery. Visit their website for more quark recipe inspirations.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large Dutch oven, bring water to a boil and add in frozen butternut squash.
4. Meanwhile, heat saute pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once oil is warm, saute carrots for a few minutes and add onion. Mix well and let vegetables sweat for another 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Mix in garlic. After 1 to 2 minutes, lower heat and add spices and fresh ginger. Allow mixture to become fragrant.
6. Lightly press one piece of against the wall of the Dutch oven with a wooden spoon. If squash is easily smashed, add in sautéed vegetables.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and let ingredients gently boil together for another 7 to 10 minutes. Add in the vinegar.
8. Blend soup with an immersion blender or carefully transfer into a blender and puree.
9. Serve soup in bowls topped with a small dollop of quark, followed by pine nuts, sage leaves and sumac. Sprinkle with additional vinegar and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 3.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol < 5 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fiber 3 g
Protein 4 g