Skillet Stuffed Peppers
Recipe featured on "Food in :60" Segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN, RYT and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN. Watch the recipe video here.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit has been reached as verified by an instant-read food thermometer. Wash hands after handling raw turkey.
4. Add onion, green pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, while stirring, until vegetables begin to soften.
5. Add uncooked rice, half the chicken broth and diced tomatoes with liquid. Continue to cook uncovered, while stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
6. Add remaining chicken broth and cook another 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and all the liquid has absorbed.
7. Remove skillet from heat, top with cheddar cheese and cover pan until cheese has melted. When ready to serve, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!