Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 26 Minutes
February 2023 Dig In Recipe
Al dente pasta tossed with shrimp then sautéed in a pan-roasted red sauce.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a 4-quart pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to pan.
4. In a large frying pan over high heat, add oil. Once hot, add shallots and garlic and cook until shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, oregano and basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, stir and cook until shrimp’s flesh is pearly and opaque and noodles are heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. Top with parsley, salt, pepper, grated cheese and green onion, if desired and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories: 420, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 170mg, Sodium: 630mg, Carbohydrates: 59g, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 34g