Watch Chef Andrew prepare this recipe at https://youtu.be/c1ktwV3wLR8
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce items under cold running water before prepping.
3. If frozen, thaw scallops according to package instructions. Remove muscle attached to scallops and pat dry to remove excess moisture. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw scallops.
4. Heat a 10-inch sauté pan with canola oil. Allow to get hot, but not smoking.
5. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in pan. They should sizzle. Wash hands with soap and running water after handling raw scallops.
6. Once placed, do not move scallops until ready to flip, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sear another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve warm on dinner plates.
7. Add garlic and shallot to pan and cook until fragrant, but not browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Add mustard and allow to cook for 1 minute.
9. Add the wine and bring to a simmer and boil until wine is reduced by half.
10. Whisk in butter over low heat.
11. Add prosciutto, peas, lemon, sage and parsley. Warm throughout without boiling.
12. Dress seared scallops with the sauce and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more