Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. If frozen, thaw scallops according to package instructions. Remove muscle attached to scallops and pat dry to remove excess moisture. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
4. In a 10-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, heat canola oil.
5. Season scallops with salt and pepper and place in pan. They should sizzle. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
6. Once placed in the pan, do not move scallops until ready to flip, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip scallops and sear other side until scallops are milky, opaque and firm, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm on dinner plates.
7. Add garlic and shallot to pan and cook until fragrant, but not browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add mustard and allow to cook for another minute.
8. Add wine, bring to a simmer and cook until wine is reduced by half.
9. Reduce to low heat and whisk in butter.
10. Add prosciutto, peas, lemon, sage and parsley. Warm throughout without boiling.
11. Dress seared scallops with the sauce and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!