Recipe from Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Dietary Practice Group session at the 2008 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics during the Food and Nutrition Conference & Exhibition in Chicago, IL.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Combine sugar and cider in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients, cook 5 minutes or until granola is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
5. Spread mixture on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or to desired firmness.
7. Remove and cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to one week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!