Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
November/December 2021 Dig In Magazine Recipe
Sautéed vegetables and herb sausage mixed into a bread stuffing.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Place bread cubes in a very large bowl; set aside.
4. Coat a large deep skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 7 minutes or until internal temperature of sausage reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks; drain and add to bread cubes. Wash hands after handling raw pork.
5. Coat the same skillet with additional cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add mirepoix mix and mushrooms and sauté for 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add chicken broth, salt and pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat and add to bread cubes; mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Spoon stuffing mixture into a large casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 864 mg
Carbohydrates 48 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 19 g