- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add garlic and onion and cook until onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Place pan back on stove over medium heat and add mushrooms, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: This chicken cacciatore recipe is great served over linguine or rice!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories 292, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 86 mg, Sodium 1001 mg, Carbohydrates 25 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 17 g, Protein 30 g