Salmon Pasta with Dill Sauce
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain, set aside and keep warm.
4. In a small bowl, combine milk, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add shallots and garlic and saute or 3 minutes or until softened.
6. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in milk mixture and bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. If sauce seems too thick, gradually add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss in cooked salmon and capers and stir to combine. Serve immediately over pasta garnished with fresh chives.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 500 (Calories from Fat: 135)
Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 63g (Dietary Fiber: 3g